I’ve now been to my first PrideFest here in Denver. Overall, a lot of fun, even though I was there to work, as my Tri-Ess chapter runs two of the soda booths to raise funds for the October banquet. Afterwards, we went to Las Margaritas for dinner, the Enchilada de Poladas is highly recommended. Then I went with a couple of friends to Charlie’s to finish out the evening.
There are a few new things I’ve learned:
- Riding the Light Rail into downtown Denver isn’t too bad when en femme. I only recall getting a couple of people staring, most of the people didn’t even seem to notice.
- The right kind of outfit can make a difference between ‘relative comfort’ and ‘ohmygodimdying’ when you’re over pavement and it’s hot out. The new dress I got for summerwear was worth the money.
- Long fingernails get chipped up when you’re digging around in the ice trough for a bottle of soda near the bottom.
- I need to be more religious with the sunscreen, I burned my left shoulder and my back where they were exposed by the dress. It looks like I was wearing a men’s tank top today.
- I was the only girl at dinner who didn’t have pierced ears. I think that’ll have to be rectified here this month.
- Don’t go to Tracks on Pride Weekend. They were running a special ‘all ages’ event, and by the time I got there, the cover was $20. Which is why we went to Charlie’s instead.
- It’s frighteningly easy to crack one’s driver’s side mirror against someone else’s car when they parked badly next to you during the abortive attempt to get into the club.
Overall, a nice way to spend the day, it’s the most time I’ve spent as Lynn all at once.